- 70mm achromatic telescope for beginners in astronomy
- Easy to handle, transport, use. Azimuth mount
- Ideal on planets, the Moon and for terrestrial observation
- For children (accompanied), teenagers and adults
All about the Sky-Watcher 70/700 telescope on AZ2 azimuthal mount
70mm achromatic bezel, this model is a great classic for beginners to observing the sky. Available at a very attractive price, it allows everyone to get started while benefiting from a quality instrument (unlike the instruments sold in non-specialist stores). The dual air element achromatic objective is multi-coated and provides quality images at low and medium magnifications of the planets. The barrel is factory collimated and requires no maintenance unlike telescopes.
With 36% more light compared to a 60mm scope, it offers more possibilities.
Its focal length of 700mm (ratio to f/10) is important for seeing fine details on the Moon (many craters) and planetary surfaces (Jupiter and Saturn). The right seeker allows you to locate the target before the mount moves. It is a simple to use AZ2 model (altazimuth mode with up-down / left-right movements). The positioning of the object is done by loosening 2 screws. The tripod has an accessory tray (for placing caps, eyepieces or filters).
- Diameter: 70mm
- Focal length: 700mm
- Focal Ratio: F/D 10
- Optical tube: Metal - Lens with 2 elements type "air spaced"
- Resolving power: 1.7"
- Limit magnitude: 11.9
- Clarity: 136x
- Eyepiece Holder: 31.75mm sliding rack
- Tube Dimensions (Diameter x Length): 70x665mm
- Optical tube weight: 1.45kg
- Mount: AZ2 Azimuth Mount
- Tripod: Height adjustable aluminum tripod (71cm to 123cm)