TS-Optics Dual Mount for Vixen/EQ5 style mounts
A dual mount is the most stable way for attaching two telescopes on one mount. It is widely used for astrophotography. By using this mount, you can attach a guide scope for guiding or a camera for "piggy-back photography" in addition to the main telescope.
The advantages of the TS-Optics VC4 dual mount:
- Extremely light with a weight of only 940 grams.
- Compact - the maximum width is only 375 mm - no unnecessary lever arm.
- Perfectly suited for more compact and medium-sized telescopes and also for telephoto lenses.
- Very rigid and low-vibration due to a massive dovetail bar at the base
- Design of the VC4 allows for 100% balancing of the instruments on the mount.
Why is the dual mount superior to piggy-back mounting on the tube rings?
Usually, tube rings provide only a small bearing surface and, in addition, they are, due to the felt layer, not very stable. The guiding scope or telephoto lens can easily be unintendedly readjusted to the main telescope. Additionally the lever arm is disadvantageous. The mount is considerably more strongly burdened than if the dual mount is used. With the latter, the guiding scope is clearly closer to the mount´s centre of gravity. Also balancing the instruments significantly easier with the dual mount.
Among others, the fual mount is suitable for the following mounts:
- Skywatcher EQ3, EQ5, H-EQ5, AZ-EQ5
- Celestron Advanced VX
- Meade / Bresser Mon2, LXD 75
- Vixen GP series
- With the adapter PS3-V for all mounts with Losmandy style saddle plate
- All other mounts with Vixen style saddle plate