- Aperture 254 mm / focal length 1625.5 mm / focal ratio f/6.4
- High quality 3" rack and pinion focuser with internal corrector and 360° rotation - everything is screwed together
- Primary mirror and secondary mirror made of quartz glass for stable focus position
- 99% reflection on primary mirror and secondary mirror for a bright image and short exposure times
- Carbon truss tube with high quality workmanship for optimal stiffness and focus stability
- Working distances 55 mm from M48x0.75 thread (adapter included) and 73.7 mm from M68x1 thread for individual adaptations
- Two Losmandy style dovetail bars for adapting to mounts and attaching optional accessories such as guiding scope
- The focuser can be tilted independently from the primary mirror (tilting)
- Ventilation of the primary mirror accelerates cooling down
- Extensive accessories like 2" connection for observation, extension rings between focuser and telescope, finder shoe on the tube ...
- Each RC is individually tested before storage, the otpik is checked and the mechanics are optimized.
TS photo-optimized 10" f/6.4 RC Telescope with Carbon Truss Tube
Teleskop-Service offers an exciting instrument for the dedicated astrophotographer with this Ritchey-Chrétien telescope. The telescope is built by GSO for TS to our specifications. We select very good optics for this series and use a better focuser. A core part of the astrograph is the full frame format corrector, which is integrated in the focuser. The corrector is specially designed for RC telescopes and offers a very good field correction for sensors up to full frame format. This provides you with a fully equipped telescope for high resolution astrophotography, which does not need to shy away from the comparison to much more expensive instruments.
The mechanics - quality from Taiwan
The mechanics of these modern telescopes provide the basis for successful astrophotography. Primary and secondary mirrors are stably mounted and hold the collimation even during telescope slewing. The supporting elements are made of carbon, which reduces the dead weight and improves the focus stability, since carbon does not react to temperature changes as strongly as metal. The focuser can be tilted independently of the primary mirror, a hallmark of high-quality larger RC telescopes. This allows you to get the stars perfectly round even in the last corner.
The optics of the RC astrograph:
The hyperbolic primary mirror and secondary mirror are made of quartz glass and have a 99% coating. This makes the image brighter and rich in contrast. Each RC is tested before it is converted to a photo RC in our workshop. The primary focal ratio of the RC is f/8. The RC corrector and reducer improve the focal ratio to f/6.4. The 3-element corrector used is designed specifically for RC telescopes and is not simply a compressor. The result is significantly sharper stars across the entire field of view.
The working distances for astrophotography:
The photo-optimized RC already comes with the right adaption for your camera. Of course, the cameras are screwed and not clamped.
- 55 mm working distance from the M48x0.75 thread:
With optional T-adapters, this makes it easy to connect astro cameras, system cameras and SLR cameras. The adapter from M68x1 thread on the focuser to M48x0.75 is already included in the scope of delivery.
- 73.7 mm working distance from the M68x1 male thread:
For all astrophotographers who like to prefer an individual adaptation and possibly want to use an off-axis guider, this connection is suitable. Of course we offer the matching articles, a large part is also linked.
The visual use of the TSRC10T64
Although the RC is mainly intended for photographers, observation is of course also possible. You can simply unscrew the insert with the corrector from the focuser and replace it with a 2" insert. The conversion takes only a few minutes and you have a classic RC telescope for observation or lunar and planetary photography. The insert to 2" and the reducer to 1.25" are of course included.
- Optics: RC Ritchey-Chrétien optics
- Aperture: 254 mm / 10"
- Focal length: 1625.6 mm with corrector
- Focal ratio: f/6.4 with corrector
- Primary focal length: 2032 mm without corrector
- Resolution: 0.46"
- Reflectivity: 99% reflection on primary and secondary mirror
- Obstruction by secondary mirror: 112 mm
- Working distance: 55 mm from M48x0.75 thread and 73.7 mm from M68x1 thread
- Dovetail bars: 2x Losmandy style
- Tube: Carbon truss tube
- Tube diameter: approx. 420 mm
- Tube length: 735 mm with eyepiece focuser
- Weight: 15.2 kg : 15,2 kg
In The Box
- TS 10" RC Telescope
- TS corrector for RC telescopes with adaption for focuser
- TS adapter from M68 to M48 for 55 mm working distance
- 2" adapter and 1.25" adapter for visual use
- Dust caps for corrector, 2" port, primary mirror and secondary mirror
- 3" RAP focuser with M117x1 connector
- 2x 25 mm M117x1 extension
- 1x 50 mm M117x1 extension
- Finder shoe for adaptation of finder scopes and guiding scopes to the tube