Do not forget to choose the version of the frame you just want above the priceWith or without TC40 tripod
ZWO AM5 frame with harmonic training gears
Zwo offers a transportable frame for astrophotography with the "Harmonic Equatorial Mount AM5". The mount weighs less than 5 kg and carries telescopes up to 13 kg without counterweight. With the counterweight and the counterweight rod (optional), the frame can even transport telescopes up to 20 kg. Several years of development and various patents have been devoted to this exciting mount.
Many functions and easy use
The AM5 can be used in an equatorial and azimuly way. For astrophotography, the equatorial mode is used. The frame must be aligned as precisely as possible with the celestial pole. For visual observation or lunar and planetary photography, Altazimut mode is sufficient. The support is then ready to use in a few minutes. The state indicator always indicates in which mode is the frame: red represents the equatorial mode and green represents the Altazimutal mode.
No need for counterweight
Normally, German equatorial frames need counterweight to balance the weight of the telescope. It is the only way to ensure proper functioning. AM5 uses robotic technology, it does not require counterweight up to a 13 kg telescope weight. This makes AM5 lighter, more compact and easier to use. Only for heavier telescopes, we recommend counterweight to maintain the balance of the frame and the tripod.
Fluid monitoring is guaranteed
Zwo checks and measures each AM5 frame before delivery and guarantees a periodic error ("PE") of less than +/- 20 seconds of arc. The periodic error occurs very slowly, so that self -drum has enough time to correct it. Of course, the frame has a St-4 self-drum interface. Via asiair
Or another software, the PE can also be reduced electronically.
Usable anywhere on earth
As you can expect from a real travel frame, AM5 can be used anywhere on Earth, from the Equator to the poles. The mount has room in any flight baggage.
Polar alignment of the frame for astrophotography
In equatorial mode, the frame must be aligned exactly with the Celestial North or South South Pole. Small errors are of course corrected by autoguidage. The alignment of the frame is done quickly and easily with Asiair or another appropriate software.
However, Teleskop-Service and Zwo work on an optional solution with a polar viewfinder mounted parallel to the frame.
More cables thanks to WiFi
All support functions can be checked via a smartphone. Of course, the AM5 works particularly well with Zwo Asiair. With Asiair, everything, from the camera to self -piercing through the support, can be checked via an application using a smartphone or tablet. The support can also be used with the handbox without a smartphone. The handbox also works wirelessly, of course.
- Type of mount: German equatorial frame
- Operating mode: Altazimut or Equatorial
- Equipment: Harmonic Drive
- Periodic error: less than +/- 20 " - Passage time 432 seconds
- RA engine: step by step Nema42 - Harmonic Drive Gear - 1/100 reduction ratio
- Dec Motor: Pas by step Nema35 - Harmonic Drive Gear - 1/100 reduction ratio
- Maximum load capacity: 13 kg without counterweight - 20 kg with counterweight
- Head weight: 5 kg
- Operating range: 0 ° to 90 ° North/South latitude
- Telescope support: quick losmandy and vixen style fitting
- Connection for counterweight rod: M12 female threading
- Maximum adjustment speed: 6 ° per second
- Correction speeds: 0.5x, 1x, 2x, 4x, 8x, 20x, 60x, 720x and 1440x
- Power supply: 12 V - Max 1.5 A (with Goto)
- Autoguidation: Port ST4