- Three-element, fully multi-layered
- design Focal ratio 1:5.4
- Fully illuminated and corrected 34 mm image circle, usable up to full frame format
A dedicated Skywatcher Spirit 120ED Corrector/Reducer
Owners of the Esprit 120ED apochromatic telescope can now image with a reduced focal length. Although the nominal focal length at f/7 is not excessive, it is always nice to be able to reduce exposure times or increase the signal-to-noise ratio (the focal ratio then goes to f/5.4). Thanks to a construction around a beautifully crafted optical triplet (multilayer treated) this 0.77x reducer flattens the field on a 34mm image circle (compatible with APS-C format cameras).
The stars are then punctual at the edge of the field (as with the corrector included at the output of the Esprit 120ED which it replaces). The 0.77x Sky-Watcher reducer screws onto the male M74x1 thread. At the output, it has an M48 male thread and thanks to a 55mm back-focus and a wide-field M48 T ring dedicated to your box, you will obtain the correct reducer-sensor distance. Rings available for cameras: Sony (#SW0187), Nikon (#SW0188) or Canon (#SW0189).
ATTENTION: Not suitable for Sky-Watcher EVOSTAR, BLACK DIAMOND 120ED goggles.
The corrector is installed via the M84 female thread by inserting part of the body of the corrector into the bezel.
- Type: Focal Reducer / Field Flattener
- Reduction factor: 0.77x
- Focal ratio on Esprit 120 ED: f/5.4 new generations
- fully illuminated and corrected field: 34 mm circle
- Usable up to: Full screen format
- Optical Design: Three Elements
- Coating: Fully multi-layered
- Backfocus: 55mm
- Intermediate thread: M71x1 female
- M71 Thread Backfocus: 75mm
- Material: aluminum housing
- Weight: 910 g (with end caps)