- Aperture 55 mm - focal length 303 mm - focal ratio 1:5.5
- Illumination up to full-frame size sensor with optional correctors - see image six
- Very fine image on axis
- 282 mm length and 1.5 kg weight - extremely portabel
- Quality "Made in Japan"
- Comes with dovetail Slide Bar M - suitable for GP/EQ-5 style saddle plates
- High-performance, top-of-the-range fluorite apochromat
- Compact, lightweight and transportable
- very high quality standards, fluorite optics
- Suitable for full-frame photography
- Razor-sharp star images across the entire field of view
- Perfect for air travel and excursions
High-performance, top-of-the-range fluorite apochromat for mobile astrophotography and observers.
Thanks to its small size and lightweight design, this high-quality fluorite refractor is ideal for excursions and air travel.
It displays razor sharp and bright stars across the entire field of view of the full-frame image sensor (95% illumination with 44 mm image circle).
The FL55SSS turns into a fast F/4.3 astrograph with the optional flattener and focal reducer. It allows you to use extremely short exposure times and a provides a large field of view for large nebulae or comets.
Despite the small aperture, the FL55SS features a high-resolution HR eyepiece that produces stunningly clear images of the moon and the bright planets.
When used for astrophotography, it delivers razor-sharp images of stars that are guaranteed to impress.
- Objective lenses: 55 mm fluorite
- Focal length: 300 mm F5.5
- Resolution and limiting magnitude: 2.11, 10.5
- Light-gathering power: 62x
- Dimensions and weight: 80 x 282 mm; 1.5 kg
- Adapter and connections: 31.7 mm receptacle, 60 mm thread
- 55 mm optical tube with fluorite APO
- Dovetail adapter
- Extension Tube 60 mm
- Dew cap
- Dust covers
- Product Family : Refractor telescope
- Optical design: Apochomatic Refractor
- Apeture: 55 mm
- Focal length: 300 mm
- Aperture ratio: 5.5
- Angular resolution: 2.11 arc seconds
- Visual limiting magnitude (approx., mag): 10.5
- Type of coating: Fully multi-coated
- Colour of coating: green
- Material OTA: Aluminium
- Type of tripod thread: 60 mm
- Dust protection caps : Dust protection caps for front lens and eyepiece holder
- weight: 1.5 kg