- Aperture 200 mm (8") / focal length 1000 mm / photographic speed f/5
- High quality parabolic primary mirror with 94% enhanced reflectivity coatings for a brighter and contrastier image
- Largely dimensioned secondary mirror with 63 mm diameter (minor axis) - very good illuminated field for astrophotography
- Primary mirror cell and secondary mirror holder completely made of metal - not plastic - fully adjustable (image of the secondary mirror holder at left)
- Precise 2" Crayford focuser with 1:10 dual speed transmission for exact focusing - already included
- Primary mirror cooling fan for less cooling time
- Rigid steel tube instead of a wobbly aluminium tube - better adjustment stability
TS PHOTON 8" f/5 Newtonian telescope - for observing and astrophotography
This telescope is a true all-rounder and ranks among the best in this range. Through the versatile focal ratio of f/5, the Newtonian offers best prerequisites for lunar and planetary observations. The optimized secondary mirror is designed for deep-sky observations as well as for astrophotography.
The advantages of the PHOTON Newtonian at a glance:
- Moderate focal ratio for short exposure times for astrophotography.
- Very high sharpness on moon and planets
- Secondary mirror provides good illumination, for example for DSLR cameras
- Large backfocus allows using popular coma correctors and cameras
- High-quality primary mirror of optical BK7 glass with enhanced 94% reflectivity coating provides a bright, clear image.
- Stable 2" Crayford focuser with 10:1 dual speed and 1.25" reduction adapter
- Motor focus can be retrofitted at any time
- Quicker cooling down, quicker observing, quicker photographing through fan for the primary mirror
- Steel tube and metal mirror cells for optimal adjustment stability
- Only available from TS: carbon tube for retrofitting - for ultimative transportation
Why do we recommend a PHOTON Newtonian instead of all other comparable Newtonians?
- This PHOTON newtonian telescope has GSO optics inside. The manufacturer keeps the optical performance of the mirrors on constantly high level. What is more, a PHOTON newtonian telescope can grow with your demands:
- For the 8" Photon Newtonian, we offer a Carbon Tube Upgrade Kit where you can reuse all components of your Newtonian, except the tube.
- We offer secondary mirrors of different sizes so you can adapt the Newtonian to your individual demands, whether planetary observation or deep-sky imaging with full-size sensor.
The precise 2" crayford focuser with 1:10 micro transmission:
We offer this Newtonian telescope with a 2" Crayford style focuser with integrated 1:10 dual speed transmission. This focuser works very precise even with heavy accessories like astro cameras. With a bit of experience, you can achieve accuracies around 0.08 mm which is sufficient even for very high resolution sensors.
The focuser is fully compatible with the optional TS Motorfocus system, allowing vibration free and precise focusing for visual observing or astro-imaging.
High-quality primary mirror with f/5 and 94% reflectivity
This Newtonian shows its full potential at observation and astrophotography due to a high-quality primary mirror made of optical BK7 glass, free from internal stress. The parabolic mirror has a 94% reflectivity coating, thus offering a brighter and contrastier image. You can instantaneously notice the difference to a standard coating.
Due to the focal ratio of f/5, this Newtonian belongs to the all-round telescopes for astrophotography and observing.
No vignetting at the edge - full illumination through large 63 mm secondary mirror
No shadow at the edge, you will be satisfied with a bright image with full illumination even with modern DSLR or CCD cameras. But 2" wide field eypeces are also supplied with light up to the edge of the field stop.
Enjoy your image more with optimal field correction - advisory service from Teleskop Service
Only a good coma corrector turns this Newtonian into a true astrograph. Our recommendation is the TSGPU corrector which is ideal for this telescope. It will provide maximum sharpness in the entire field, so only the TSGPU (see accessory recommendations) makes a true astrograph out of this Newtonian.
Astrophotography with DSLR cameras:
♦ TSGPU Coma Corrector
♦ use a T-ring to the camera mount
... and you already have the optimal distance and get sharp stars in the entire field of view. Guiding can be done via the finder or a small guiding scope which fits into the finder shoe (or bracket).