The UNC Newtonian series from Teleskop-Service offers an alternative to the Far East Newtonians
With these telescopes you do not have to make any compromises. UNC stands for Universal Newtonian telescope with Carbon tube. Each UNC Newtonian is individually manufactured for you and optimized according to your wishes - a telescope Made in Germany!.
The 8" f/5 UNC Newtonian is an universal telescope for stationary and transportable use. For moon and planets, this telescopes power is normally only limited by the atmosphere´s condition. But it is also fast enough for deep-sky imaging. We suggest the well known Skywatcher EQ5 or the very stable Celestron Advanced VX as mount for this telescope.
TS UNC Newtonian advantages:
- High quality carbon fibre tube, individually manufactured in Germany
- Optimized focus position according to customer´s demands for best field illumination
- Primary and secondary mirror cell improved by Teleskop Service
- Easy collimation of primary and secondary mirror
- Blackened secondary mirror edges
- TS UNCN2-G2 2" RAP focuser with M54x0.75 connection thread - one of the best focuser in its class
- Secondary mounted with correct offset
- Diffraction limited system
Every UNC Newton is darkened inside
The tube inner side of our UNC Newtonian telescopes is darkened. This prevents reflections and provides better contrast. The TS "Black" anti-reflective paint or a velour film is used. The result is a matte black tube interior. Velour film and the TS "Black" have a similar effect and darken better than the commonly used chalkboard paint.
The illustration shows how dark the anti-reflective paint is. The diagram (at the images at the top of this page) shows the direct comparison chalkboard paint and antireflective paint.
Focus position optimized for astrophotography:
The focus point is 60 mm above the 2" receptacle with the focuser retracted. This position is optimal for all coma correctors with 55 mm working distance, such as the Baader MPCC corrector, the TS Coma Corrector or the GPU corrector. You can also use the 2" Paracorr. For visual observation you need a 2" extension tube - item # TSV235.
The 2" TS UNCN2-G2 RAP focuser:
A core piece of the TS UNC Newtonians is the modern TS UNCN2-G2 focuser. The focuser extends only 58 mm from the edge of the tube and still carries heavy cameras and accessories without tilting.
- High rigidity with extremely short overall length
- Exact 1:10 dual-speed reduction - with it perfectly focused astrophotographs are possible
- Upgradable with motor focus - with the TS motor focus advantage: manual adjustment possible with attached focuser
- Screw connection of the accessories possible - the 2" connection can be unscrewed, then an M54x0.75 internal thread is available.
Parabolic primary mirror:
Newtonian primary mirrors made of fused silica are free of strain and provide an image that is usually even much better than diffraction limited. The surface is coated with an enhanced 94% reflection layer and a protective quartz layer. The primary mirror has a central marking as an adjustment aid.
Every TS Carbon Newtonian is tested on our optical bench before shipping:
You are not buying a "pig in a poke" when you buy a UNC Newtonian from TS, but a solid telescope for life. After assembly, we subject each UNC Newtonian to an optical test in our workshop before shipping. This ensures that the telescope will fit your accessories perfectly and will deliver the optical performance we promise.